Friday, July 16, 2010

this side of brightness





" Sometimes we have to get lost to really find ourselves "

- The Truth from The Bright Side


the world is getting more confusing and life sometimes doesn't seem to let up. not even for a second. but at times the world seems perfect and the distance between me and people i care for seems insignificant.

and yet at times the world seems very small and i feel like i'm in my place wherever whenever. i met Nathaniel for the first time in Thailand even though we'd probably lived in the same small town in Newcastle, Australia years back. he's a good dude with a good ear for great tunes. from the bouncing souls to billy bragg to strike anywhere to bloc party. i asked him what he'd been listening to lately and he said 'break even'.

i have always noticed fliers of break even everywhere but i never ever took notice. listening to this album this week has restored my faith in a scene that can be shaky as the times we are in. Nat told me that the band lost their old guitarist to suicide between albums. I have lost many friends to death, drugs, depression and everything else the last few years. So i relate. The fact that the band chose to persevere and write something to inspire is a rare thing.

positivity is underrated. optimism is needed in times like this. i needed to listen to break even this week. thanks Nat.

" With the rise of the sun a new child is born
And as I stare out to sea, I look for hope, it finds me
Let this day be a day to remember. A day to remember "

No comments:

Post a Comment